Preparation highlights: Camas girls dominate Union, 2-0
Parker Mairs and Bella Burns each scored second-half goals as Camas Women’s Football Team beat Union 2-0 on Tuesday in a League 4A Greater St. Helens top-team showdown.
Mairs opened the scoring in the 48th minute with a shot from a wide angle that scuffed a Union defender.
Burns put the game away in the 78th minute with a penalty.
Camas improved to 2-0-0 in the league while Union fell to 1-1-0.
Stars of the day
- Kendall Lawson, Hockinson Women’s Soccer, scored two goals and assisted on one as the Hawks won at Mark Morris 5-2.
- Male Columbia River golfer Jack Kendrick shot a 35-under par at the Heron Lakes Great Blue course for medal honors in the Rapids’ win over Hockinson.
- Charlie Palmersheim and Nate Sheron, Columbia River boys tennis. Both players picked up wins at numbers 2 and 3 in singles against Skyview. Palmersheim won in three sets, Sheron lost 4-0 in the first set before winning in straight sets.
- Grady Millar of Mountain View men’s golf shot 3-under 32 on the back nine at Tri-Mountain for medal honors in the Thunder’s win over Skyview.
- Woodland Boys golfer Dane Huddleston was the medalist with a 2-under 33 at Lewis River as the Beavers beat Ridgefield 170-171.
- Heritage men’s cross country Devyn Thomas was the individual winner of a three-team meet with Union and Evergreen. He covered three miles in 18 minutes, 4 seconds.
- Battle Ground women’s cross country Stacey Sutton was the individual winner of a three-team meet against Kelso and Battle Ground. She covered 2.95 miles in 20:28.
- Evergreen women’s cross country Claire Rogge won a 3-mile race in 20:29 in a three-team meet with Union and Heritage.
- Daphne Evenson, Skyview girls cross country, was the fastest over 5,000 meters at Whipple Creek, finishing in 21:08 against Camas and Mountain View.
- Prairie volleyball Diamond Doutive had a team-high seven kills and three blocks as the Falcons swept Heritage.
- Camas boys golfer Eli Huntington shot 5-under 31, finishing with five straight birdies, in a match against Heritage at Camas Meadows.
- Ridgefield volleyball Paige Stepaniuk had four aces, nine kills and 17 digs as the Spudders swept Mark Morris in a matchup against the top three teams in the 2A GSHL.
- Columbia River women’s soccer player Andie Buckley had two goals and two assists in a 7-0 win over Hudson’s Bay.
- Skyview girls soccer’s Dylan Yates scored a goal and an assist as the Storm beat Battle Ground 3-0.
- Shaela Bradley of the Center Women’s Football scored all three goals in a 3-0 win over King’s Way Christian.
- Seton Catholic footballer Anna Mooney had two goals and an assist in a 5-0 win over Fort Vancouver.